Online Level 4 Food Safety Award is designed for managers with food safety responsibility, hygiene auditors and those wishing to train others in food safety.
The course is ideal for personnel with responsibility for the following jobs and functions:-
- Quality assurance;
- Production Managers
- Owners of Managers of Food Businesses
- Supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge
- Hygiene auditors
The course aims to give a comprehensive understanding of food safety and the management of food safety in the business.
Online Level 4 Food Safety Award – Content:
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Food Borne Illnesses
- Physical Contamination of Food
- Food Storage, Temperature Control and Preservation
- Design and Construction of Food Premises and Equipment
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Training Strategies
- Management Control Techniques
Successful completion of the course will enable candidates to:
- Contribute to the management of hygiene in a wide variety of food businesses
- Determine further training requirements
- Identify areas for legal compliance
- Determine good practice
- Understand the relevance of HACCP in improving food safety
- Promote and encourage good standards of food safety
- Liaise with enforcement officers
The course content is available online, learners are supplied with a unique username and password to access the course. Learners work through the learning material at their own pace and speed, completing the online activities, discussions, chats and assignments.
Approximately 40 hours to complete the course in full. Learn as much as you want in any session and return.
Enrol at any time and learn at your own pace. No time limit for course completion.
Full tutor and IT support available during the course via e-mail & discussion boards.
Level 3 Qualification in Food Safety or relevant knowledge
Testing is continuous throughout the learning, through a series of coursework and assignments.
This award will enable the holder to demonstrate to the regulators that they have been properly trained in accordance with the national occupational standards and legal requirements.