This Level 4 Award covers the importance of HACCP-based food safety management systems, including the design and development, management and implementation and verification of such systems. The course material is firmly based on the National Occupational Standards developed by Improve, the Sector Skills Council for the food and drink manufacturing industry.
To develop an understanding of HACCP-based food safety management systems. Holders of this award will have the appropriate knowledge and understanding to be an integral part of a HACCP team and to manage the implementation of a HACCP-based system in the work environment.
The course covers the following topics:
- Background to HACCP and Food Safety Management
- Legal and Standards Requirements for HACCP Based Food Safety Management Systems
- Pre-Requisite Programmes as Part of a Food Safety Management System
- Preparation Steps for the Design of HACCP Based Systems
- Codex Principle 1 – Conduct Hazard Analysis and Identify Control Measures
- Codex Principle 2 – Determine Critical Control Points (CCP’s)
- Codex Principle 3 – Establish Critical Limits for CCP’s
- Codex Principle 4 – Establish Monitoring Procedures for each CCP
- Codex Principle 5 – Establish Corrective Action Procedures for each CCP
- Codex Principle 6 – Establish Verification Procedures
- Codex Principle 7 – Establish Documentation and Record Keeping
- Implementation of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Maintenance of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
Successful completion of the course will enable candidates to:
- State the importance of HACCP-based food safety management systems
- Explain the management and implementation of HACCP-based procedures
- Outline the development of the HACCP-based procedures
- Evaluate HACCP-based procedures
The course content is available online, learners are supplied with a unique username and password to access the course. Learners work through the learning material at their own pace and speed, completing the online activities, discussions, chats and assignments.
Approximately 40 hours to complete the course in full. Learn as much as you want in any session and return.
Enrol at any time and learn at your own pace. No time limit for course completion.
Full tutor and IT support available during the course via e-mail & discussion boards.
Level 3 Qualification in Food Safety or relevant knowledge
Testing is continuous throughout the learning, through a series of coursework activities, which are submitted to a tutor for feedback and two final written assessed assignments.
This award will enable the holder to demonstrate to the regulators that they have been properly trained in accordance with the national occupational standards and legal requirements.